04 January 2014

4QFAL Finish: Flirt Briar Rose Quilt!

This girl is on FIRE!

The lovely, amazing sis-in-law gave me the green light to use her Gammill for the next several days. I went over today and quilted two. She's doing one over the weekend, and then I'm back on Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully, I can get three done on Monday and four on Tuesday.

Hopefully.

But back to today.

My sweetheart gave me this Flirt jelly roll for Christmas last year and I'm going to enjoy this quilt. I quilted big flowers on the big patchwork parts, and small hearts in each corner of the diamonds. I did some loops and hearts on the borders and called it a day.






The pattern is Briar Rose from England Street Quilts. Love this pattern!

Crossing this one off the 4QFAL list - I'm using this bonus week to get a few more done.

11 comments:

  1. I am in the same situation as you, I use my mom's long arm. I ran over to her house on Thursday and quilted up two. I love your flowers. I want to try those on the long arm. I am pretty comfortable with loops and swirls, but it is time to try something new and get more confident about using the machine when my mom is not there. My mom and dad are leaving for 5 months for their snowboarding trip, so I am afraid I will be reluctant to,use the long arm without her guidance! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finish!! It looks so cozy with the minky on the back. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On fire and burning that Gammill! Love it, Jennie - the flowers are divine - clever lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the flowers and hearts. It turned out beautifully, and I am glad you get to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! (Did I say that about the last one, too?) look at your, getting all fancy with the daisies! I've been thinking about how to quilt my Flirt, and hearts and daisies has crossed my mind. And I nearly ordered that same border fabric. Because of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty and I love the way the flowers show through on the back so beautifully - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful finish!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE IT!! love everything about it, great fabric, I have been playing with the idea of buying some, great pattern, and super quilting! Lucky you to have a great sister like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finish. The colors are lovely. Also, I am a huge fan of not quilting something to death because the quilt turns out cozier. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a beautiful finish! The quilting is wonderful. You must have really enjoyed the Gammill!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jennie, your quilt is gorgeous! Thanks so much for using my pattern - I'm glad you enjoyed it. All the best, Shontelle.

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball