03 October 2016

Monday finish: Alpine Wonderland On A Whim quilt

Just in under the wire for the 3QFAL. Kids already are using this one, even if it is technically a winter quilt. We don't go for conventional around here.


I fussy cut several of the cute little pictures from this fabric. They might be my favorite parts of the quilt.



Since it's a winter quilt, it's backed in chocolate brown Minky and I love how snuggly it is. The nights are getting colder, so this one will come in handy this winter.

Quilted all over with a variegated pink thread in blowing snow swirls (at least that's what I was going for!). Bound with a brown polka dot print and on my couch. With my Halloween quilt. Because why not?


Quilt stats:
Pattern: On A Whim by Thimbleblossoms
Fabric: Alpine Wonderland and a chocolate brown solid
Size: huge (bigger than the pattern, because my blocks are 5X7, and the pattern is 4X5)

Checking this one off the 3QFAL list. The one that didn't get as finished as I'd like. Here's to a busy 4th quarter!

Oh, and for the duration of the link-up, all patterns in my Craftsy shop (button up top on the right) are on sale for $5. Just so you can add another project to your 4th quarter!

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun quilt! I love the fussy cut centers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quilt, the fussy cutting is perfect! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts

    ReplyDelete

"The more things you do, the more you can do."

Lucille Ball